I would recommend the glass jar method I have listed in the Living Wild book. If you don’t have the book, here is a summary. My colleague Matt Berry has said that the oil has less tannins, so you might not need to leach it at all.
METHOD 2: GLASS JAR
– Estimated Time: 1 – 2 weeks. This is the simplest method but takes the longest amount of time.
– Shell acorns using a hammer and remove thin red skin.
– Grind to a fine powder in food processor.
– Place in a mason jar, cover with water, and label with the expected completion date.
– Change water daily until clear, tasting for lack of bitterness.
Let me know what success you have and your acorn oil method of choice.