Elder Flower Panna Cotta, based on recipe by Connie Green, "The Wild Table"

Wild Food Forums Cooking Elder Flower Panna Cotta, based on recipe by Connie Green, "The Wild Table"

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  webadmin 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rachel Berry

2 cups elderflowers
    3.5 cups heavy cream
    .5 cup milk
    2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
    2 tablespoons sugar
    pinch of salt

Remove most of stems from fresh elder flowers and put in a large mason jar. Pour 3.5 cups heavy cream over flowers, stir, and put on lid. Let steep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Then strain and press out cream from plant material. You should have about 3 cups cream. Set 1/2 cup aside.

Pour .5 cup milk into medium bowl and sprinkle with gelatin

Put 2.5 cup infused cream, sugar, and salt in saucepan over medium heat. Whisk together to dissolve sugar and salt Heat until the cream comes to a boil, then remove from heat. While whisking, ladle one cup hot cream into the gelatin mixture. Add remaining cream, whisking until gelatin is dissolved. Strain into medium bowl, and whisk in the reserved .5 cup infused cream.

Pour into ramekins, dessert glasses, or whatever container you’d like to serve it in. Cover with plastic and chill for at least 6 hours.

The sauce I served it with included:
    -juice from a half cup elderberries, cooked down in a saucepan, and separated with a mesh screen
    -half cup honey infused with elderflowers and manzanita flowers

Joshua

Ooh, something new to do with elderflowers! I’m going to try it.

webadmin
    Keymaster

Awesome. I going to have try this myself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.